Welcome to the New Year! 2017, we were ready for you. This year has been full of ups, downs, accomplishments, realizations, leaps, bounds, and a whole lot in between. As amazing as this past year has been, I couldn’t wait to press the reset button.
It’s time for a fresh start. I’m kicking off the blog by re-branding and focusing solely on the things I am passionate about. A new slate. Clean, organized, and emphasized on the things I love. One of those things are…smoothie bowls.
My small obsession has recently been taken to a new level. Seriously, I’m researching boosts, powders, fruits, veggies, anything I can blend together and scoop into a bowl. These wonderful little treats are full of nutritional value. They’ve virtually opened new doors for my diet. Because of this, I thought I’d share one of my favorite recipes with you all.
Things We Need-
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen Blueberries
- Unfrozen Blueberries
- Almond Milk
- White bowl (optional for those of you who want the perfect Insta pic)
- Blender, Nutri Bullet, or Ninja (I find the ninja works the best out of these options)
- To make this process easy, fill your blender of choice with solid ingredients first.
- Begin, with 1/2 frozen strawberries and 1/2 frozen blueberries. Slice 1/2 the banana and add to blender. Set aside the other sliced half.
- Cut and scoop kiwi out of skin. Set aside.
- Pour Almond milk over fruit until covered. Secure lid, blend until thick and smooth texture starts to form. Add additional almond milk or frozen fruit as needed.
- Shake mixture into bowl. Top bowl with prepared sliced kiwi, banana, blackberries, and unfrozen blueberries.
- Garnish the bowl with your favorite granola and a small amount (or large amount) of agave for sweetness.
- Take your beautiful breakfast outside for the perfect photo. Enjoy!